Generac recommends their automatic standby power systems be installed by an authorized Generac dealer. When you work with American Electrical Contracting, Inc. you can rest assured that all local, state and national electrical codes will be followed. The result will be a safe, reliable installation you can count on when the power goes out. Contact us to purchaase, install or service your Generac home standby generator NOW!
Common Questions & Answers
There is a lot of information on this site. Our goal is to try to appeal to as many people as possible. For those that want to read everything, enjoy yourself. For those that just need the basics to in order to make a decision, try this:
1. What does your budget need to be to purchase a standby generator?
Standby generators cost thousands of dollars not hundreds. Don’t let that scare you. When purchased with an Automatic Transfer Switch, standby generators automatically turn on or off based on the presence or absence of utility power.
2. What circuits do you want to backup? Some customers backup their entire home. Others backup their emergency circuits only, like the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. So, do not let the word “thousands” above, scare you. By prioritizing your needs & selecting a generator to meet those needs, we can fit most reasonable budgets for commercial & residential applications.
3. Will a home standby generator work with older homes? Yes. Because we are an electrical contractor, licensed and trained to recognize & correct electrical, issues we will be able to make the necessary changes to install you generator.
3. What powers the generator? Liquid Propane (LP), Natural gas or diesel are the fuel sources for conventional generators. Diesels are the most expensive of the three. The LP or natural gas unit is the same generator that we convert to accommodate the fuel source you prefer. By far we install more LP units. If you do not have an LP provider, we can fill that requirement for you.
4. Do I get a warranty with the generator & if so, how long? Generac standby generators come with a 2-3 year warranty, depending on the model selected. However for a nominal price, an extended warranty is available providing you with a 5 year warranty. Warranties cover parts & labor for all but the last year, which covers parts only.
5. Does a standby generator need to be serviced, if so, how often? Generators need to be serviced or at least checked 1 time per year, depending on usage. The warranties do not cover regular service requirements. Service is an owner’s responsibility. American Electrical Contracting, Inc. has factory trained crews & is authorized to work on your generator. Call today & let us service your standby generator.
If you have additional questions give us a call & we will be happy to assist you.